3/15/2013

{Recipe} Lucky Charms Krispie Treats

This easy, yummy treat was the first thing to go at Abbie's birthday party.
I got the idea HERE.
The empty plate was proof to me that this was a hit!


Lucky Charms Krispie Treats

Ingredients-
1 box Lucky Charms Cereal
10.5 oz. bag Mini Marshmallows
1/2 stick of Butter
Lime Green Wilton Candy Melts, optional

Directions-
Pour cereal into large bowl.
Melt butter over medium-high heat.
Add mini mallows and stir constantly until melted and smooth.
Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 pan.
Melt a small amount of the candy melts in a ziplock bag according to directions, in the microwave.
Snip off the corner of the plastic bag and drizzle the candy melts across the top.
Cut into squares and serve after the mallows have had a chance to set for about 10 minutes.

Notes~
When I make these again, I plan on adding more mallows.  I like my krispie treats to by extra gooey.
These were drier than I like, which can be solved by taking out some of the cereal or adding more mallows.

Linked to- Whipperberry