1/07/2013

{Recipe} Cheesecake Factory Raspberry Lemonade

I love the flavor of lemon!
It is so refreshing, especially as the days get warmer.
While browsing pinterest one day, I came across an easy recipe for
 Cheesecake Factory Raspberry Lemonade.


After a few adjustments from the the posted recipe...
I had a new favorite, that I was able to serve at Abbie's Ladybug Birthday Party.


Cheesecake Factory Raspberry Lemonade
Adapted from- The Sexy Knitter

1 cup Water
1 1/4 cups Sugar
1 1/2 cups Fresh Lemon Juice
2 cups Fresh Raspberries

Bring water to a boil, then add the sugar and stir until completely dissolved, around a minute.
Remove from heat, then add to a blender with the raspberries and puree.
Add the lemon juice, puree, and enough cold water to make two quarts in a pitcher.
Chill for a couple of hours until ready to serve.



You can strain the raspberry seeds out using a sieve... it is more time consuming, but has a better consistency.  I have done it both ways.

You can make this with Strawberries instead, though it takes on a tart Agua Fresca taste like I have made before.  While okay, I like regular Strawberry Agua Fresca, and Raspberry Lemonade.

I don't have a juicer, so to get all of the lemon juice out... I use one of my hand mixer beaters.  I just turn it clockwise while pressing into the meat of a halved lemon, over a spare bowl.  I then turn it counterclockwise until most of the juice is extracted.  Pour the lemon juice through a mini sieve to get out all of the seeds and pulp before adding it to the rest of the ingredients.